In case of an incident
In case of an accident here are a few things to guide you through the process.
- Make sure everyone is okay. In case of injuries call 112 and ask for the Police or an ambulance
- If there are no injuries, we kindly ask you to fill out an Accident Statement with the driver of the other car. The statement should be in your glove compartment. If not check if the other driver has a copy.
- Click here for a sample of an accident statement, it includes some prefilled info that should help you. It does not matter whether you sign the statement as vehicle A or B. If you are vehicle A the other driver signs the B part of the statement.
- If for some reason, there is a disagreement between you and the other driver we recommend that you call 112 and request the Police.
- Fill out every part of the statement. A properly filled in statement is vital and could be a key factor in whether you will eventually have to pay for the damage
- The most important part is that both drivers sign the statement. The statement is in duplicate so both drivers will receive a copy
- Even though you opted for the Liability Waiver it is important that every accident is reported.
- Pictures often say more than words so it might be a clever idea to take pictures of the scene, which gives us at Blue Car Rental and the insurance company a good indication of what happened